Architecture & Art in Japan Today
St Mary’s Cathedral Tokyo, Tange, 1964
Architectural icons in Ginza, Omotesando, Shinjuku & Roppongi; Hakone Open Air Museum, Pola Museum, hot spring visit, Naoshima and its museums, Hiroshima and Miyajima Island, Miho Museum, National Museum of Art Osaka.
25 October - 10 November, 2018 (17 days, 17 nights)
Land content only:
Twin share: $9,105 per person
Single Supplement: $10,710 per person
As the number of single rooms is very limited, people wishing to take the single supplement are advised to book well in advance.
Tour Price Includes
- Accommodation in twin share rooms or single room with private facilities in 3~4 star hotels
- 1 night in a Japanese inn
- Breakfast daily & 6 dinners
- Transportation by coach, rail, ferry and bus
- Baggage transfers where required
- Entrance fees unless marked optional in the itinerary
- Suica Travel card valued at JPY5,000
- Tour information booklet
- Parking and toll fees for chartered coaches and tips for coach drivers.
Not Included in the Above Prices
- Daily lunch & dinner not indicated in the itinerary
- Beverages with meals
- Items of a personal nature, including telephone, laundry & taxis not indicated in the itinerary
- Airport-hotel transfers
- Luggage in excess of 20 kg (44lbs)
- Comprehensive travel insurance
- Visa Fees (if applicable)
Fitness & Participation
While this tour does not require a special level of fitness, participants are advised that they will be required to:
- Negotiate airports & railway stations without assistance.
- Embark/disembark coaches, trains and other methods of transport without assistance.
- Handle own baggage.
- Travel on public transport in cities, sometimes in crowded conditions.
- Use stairs in metro and train stations where esclators and elevators are not always available.
- Undertake walking tours of 2-3 hours duration, including using stairs and walking over uneven surfaces.
- Stand for long periods in museums and other sites.
- Use combined shower/bath facilities (it is not possible to guarantee walk-in shower facilities)