Traditions & Modernity in Japan's Castle Towns
Mori Digital Art Museum, Odawara Art Foundation, craftsmen’s workshop visits including Shussai-gama Kiln, Matsumoto & Matsue Castles, Folk Craft Museums, Toyama Glass Museum, 21st Century Museum, historic Kanazawa, Kenroku Garden, DT Suzuki Museum, UNESCO World Heritage-listed villages of Shirakawa-go and Gokayama, Adachi Art Museum and a hot spring inn stay.
4-20 November, 2019
Land Content only
- Twin Share: $8,500
- Single Supplement: $10,800
Payment of the single supplement will ensure single room accommodation throughout the tour. As the number of single rooms is limited, people wishing for this option are advised to book well in advance.
The tour prices quoted above are subject to change due to the fluctuation in exchange rates and changes by tour suppliers. Prices are subject to change until paid in full.
Tour Price Includes
- Accommodation in twin share rooms or single room with private facilities in 3-4 star hotels.
- 1 night in a Japanese hot spring inn
- Breakfast daily, 1 lunch & 5 dinners
- Transportation by rail, coach, taxi & domestic plane
- Baggage transfers where required
- Entrance fees unless marked optional in the itinerary
- Suica Travel card valued at JPY5,000
- Tour information booklet
- Parking and toll fees for chartered coaches and tips for coach drivers
Not Included in the Above Prices
- Daily lunch & dinner not indicated in the itinerary
- Beverages with meals
- Items of a personal nature, including telephone, laundry & taxis not indicated in the itinerary
- Luggage in excess of 20 kg (44lbs)
- Comprehensive travel insurance
- Visa Fees (if applicable)
Fitness & Preparation
- Negotiate airports & railway stations without assistance.
- Embark/disembark coaches, trains and other methods of transport without assistance.
- Handle own baggage.
- Travel on public transport in cities, sometimes in crowded conditions.
- Use stairs in metro and train stations where esclators and elevators are not always available.
- Undertake walking tours of 2-3 hours duration, including using stairs and walking over uneven surfaces.
- Stand for long periods in museums and other sites.
- Use combined shower/bath facilities (it is not possible to guarantee walk-in shower facilities)
To Make a Reservation: Please proceed to the Contact Us page by clicking 'Make Booking' below. A deposit of $1,000 is required by 13 May and full payment is due by 1 July 2019.